Good Signs - How Ironic can the name of a business be???

Durban Central, Kwazulu-Natal
1.9

Over a week ago, we commissioned a company called "Good Signs" to print a PVC banner and Print a vinyl sign onto a Chromodek (metal) signboard.

We advised the sales rep that we were in a rush, and that we needed at least one of the signs within 2 days of order, which the rep promised they would do.

I offered to collect from their premises in order to speed up the process. I phoned on the 2nd day to check on the PVC banner, and was told it was ready to collect (note that I had to phone them).

We made an EFT payment for the full amount before collection.

When I arrived to collect it, the ladies at the front desk didn't even know what I was talking about, and then finally after calling the rep, he brought out the banner out to me merely handing it to me rolled up to take it.

Fortunately I asked him to unroll it so I could check the quality first.

There were 3 smudge marks / blemishes on the poster where I assume the ink had smudged, and there were only 4 eyelets (rope holes) on this entire massive banner.

On top of this, 2 eyelets were made so close to the edge of the banner, that the slightest pull on it with any rope would have torn the PVC at the corner.

I insisted that they redo the banner correctly and insert the correct number of eyelets relative to the large size of the banner.

To their credit, the supervisor came out and apologised, and promised to have the new banner delivered to our premises in the early afternoon that same day.

By 3.30pm that day I still had heard nothing from the company, so I phoned them to find out what had happened.

The rep told me that the driver was on his way to us to deliver.

The delivery arrived at 5.30pm after hours, but we waited until they had arrived.

I was also promised that our Cromodek signboard would be ready for collection by 10am the next day.

I went through to their offices to collect it at 1pm, just to give them a bit of extra time, only to be informed that thay were still waiting for the metal to be cut....another waste of time and petrol.

They promised to deliver that sign to us by the end of the day.

Again 4.30 came and we had received nothing.

After numerous calls to them again, the sign arrived at 6pm accompanied by a very rude driver with an attitude.

When we had a look at this long awaited sign board, we saw that the edges were still roughly unfinished with sharp metal shavings still left on the edges.

The vinyl had been cut unevenly, folded untidily where some of the sides were too long. The back folds were not even stuck down. the edges were so sharp and jagged, I cut myself while handling the sign.

That evening I sent an email to the rep to p[lease pass onto his supervisor, requesting immediate correction of the situation.

I gave them the choice of supplying a new signboard of the quality level expected, or refunding us for the board so that we could have the job done by someone else.

I received an email reply from one of the staff apologising for our inconvenience, and promising me that the new board would be delivered to us the following day.

Needless to say that I did not hear from anyone at their company the next day, and when I eventually was given the cell number of the manager, I contacted him and he said he was busy and would phone

me back shortly.

I haven't heard from him since, and he does not answer my calls.

To date, the bad quality sign is still sitting here with us, and the rep has promised to collect it days ago in order to apply the new vinyl.

It's been a week and we are still being given the runaround.

All I can say is, if anyone is still considering doing business with Good Signs, make sure not to pay for the job in advance, and check the product very carefully before accepting and making payment.

They do not honor their promises, and they are not in any hurry to fix their mistakes, especially if they already have your money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Good Signs Chromadek Sign.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 29, 2016.